Cittadella di Alessandria, Alessandria, Italy – http://www.dronegenova.com/
The Citadel of Alessandria is one of the most magnificent monuments in Europe the sphere of permanent fortification of the eighteenth century, one of the few still in existence and certainly one of the best preserved in Europe. It is the only fortress of plain built by the Savoy in the eighteenth century and is the only European fortress still inserted in his original environment: there is a screen of houses that closes the view of the ramparts, or a road with heavy traffic to surround moats.
It is a perfect example of modern fortification, it consists of six bastioned fronts equipped knights, linked by curtains and straight paths from galleries and casemates. Among the best preserved in Italy, it is located on the left bank of the river Tanaro, in the town of Alexandria.
On the ramparts of the citadel was erected March 10, 1821, for the first time in the history of Italy, the tricolor flag by the Lt. Col. William Ansaldi.
Since 2006, the Citadel (formerly a national monument) was included in the “Tentative List” for the nomination to the World Heritage List by UNESCO.
Drone Genova shows it from a new perspective: lower than usual aerial shots by planes and copters and higher of most of existing views.
- : Alessandria
- : Via Pavia 1
- : Italy
- : Italy