Dromana Gate is a Hindu Gothic gate dating from around 1830, 5km south of Cappoquin in County Waterford. The only one of its kind in Ireland.
The gate was originally built from wood and papier mache to greet the owner of the Dromana Estate, Henry Villiers-Stuart and his wife, Theresia Pauline Ott of Vienna, on returning from their honeymoon in 1826. The couple were so enchanted with the gate it was reconstructed in stone in later years.
The gate structure was restored by the Irish Georgian Society in the 1960s and again by the Waterford County Council in 1990. The bridge over the Finisk River was replaced in 1971. The gate forms the entrance to Dromana Drive and Dromana House and Gardens which are open to the public.
- : Dromana
- : Dromana Bridge
- : Waterford
- : Ireland