Best Drone For Christmas 2016 ?

Home Forums General Discussion on Drones Best Drone For Christmas 2016 ?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  shephard101 5 days, 7 hours ago.

• Author

Veronika
    Keymaster

Drones are of course some of the best Christmas presents to be giving in 2016! What are the best drones of 2016? Based on your experience, which one would you recommend?

EricHanscom
    Participant

It depends on the age of the lucky person. I have a number of my son’s 3rd grade classmates who are buying drones. I recommend the Bebop1 with a lens protector and extra props (and warn the parent that their kid will probably crash a lot). For my older friends, I suggest the Bebop2 because of its durability, flight time, and better camera.

lopakapence
    Participant

I received my DJI Phantom 4 Pro+ just before Christmas. Took my 11yr old out a couple of times to practice flying, along with some of his friends to try out the Track mode, where the drone will follow the kids around on a field. Even in non-beginner mode, they run too fast to the side for the drone to track them. If they run in a straight line, the drone will keep up with them. If they run to the side, it cannot yaw fast enough though. Now I am shooting some practice video to get used to this camera. Lots to learn.

shephard101
    Participant

I think it is too late to reply for this thread, but i just want to give some ideas, i stumble upon the hover camera passport. It is something make me say “Wow what a cool and slick design” .It can follow you everywhere if you tag yourself within the setting of the drones. But in the end, it depend on your budget and what you gonna do with that drones. Is it for video? Photo? Mapping? racing? Fun? then you reduce your objective and set the budget

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.