This is the abandoned Michigan Central Station in Detroit, MI. Built in 1912 and abandoned since 1988, the station is one of Detroit's most iconic structures. The station was last used by Amtrak, which discontinued service to the station in 1988.
The station has recently been featured in several movies, including Transformers, 8 Mile, and The Island.
The station is owned by Matty Moroun, the billionaire owner of CenTra, Inc, the company which also owns the Ambassador Bridge, which links Detroit, USA to Windsor, Canada.
The footage was filmed on Aug 30 2014 via...
- DJI Phantom 2 Quad Copter (drone).
- Zenmuse H3-3D Gimbal
- GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition camera
- DJI Mini iOSD Telemetry
- Immersion RC 600mW FPV video transmitter
- Clover Leaf Circular Polarized video antennas
- 7" LCD Video Receiver / monitor
- Stock DJI Phantom 2 controller