The Château de Losse and its gardens have been listed as French Historical House and Site since 1928. They are located in Périgord, Dordogne district, South-West of France, near the Lascaux pre-historic caves, on the Vézère river.
The medieval fortress overlooks the Vézère river. In 1575 a Renaissance Hall was built within the stronghold. It is enclosed by curtain walls and surrounded by a deep ditch. Inside the décor and the period furnishings bear witness to the grand lifestyle of the Marquess Jean II de Losse in the 16th century.