Drone Photography Landscapes

Ligerz Chruch

0
Please log in or register to do it.

The pilgrimage church of Ligerz was first mentioned in 1261. It was built in the vineyards above the village and was originally a filial church of the parish of Diesse. It became a parish church of its own parish in 1434, but was still dependent on Diesse until the Ligerz church was rebuilt in 1520-26. Between 1876 and 1889, it was part of the Twann parish.
The slopes of the Jura Mountains above the village were covered with vineyards by the Middle Ages. The vineyards were owned by a variety of towns and monasteries including Biel, Bern, Erlach Abbey, Fraubrunnen Abbey and Thorberg Abbey.

Shore at Okinawa Japan
Ligerz Chruch