Lighthouse and sunset
© All rights reserved - by kristoffervaikla
Suurupi lighthouse in Estonia. In 1759, counter-admiral Mordvinov proposed to the Admiralty College to build a lighthouse on the Suurupi Peninsula. The lighthouse began operation in 1760, probably with an open fire. At the end of the 19th century, the dwelling, sauna, oil house, cellar and barn of the light station were completed. The station was surrounded by a high board fence with a limestone base. In the Second World War, the lighthouse keeper’s dwelling was destroyed.