Igrejinha da Pampulha

Please log in or register to like posts.

Pampulha’s Little Church, as it is known by the locals. This churn was designed by the architect Oscar Niemeyer, who also designed Brasília, capital of Brazil. The churn stands by the side of the Pampulha Lake, an artificial lake constructed in Belo Horizonte and completed in 1943.

Today, the church, the lake and other elements such as the Museum, the Eco Park andthe Guanabara Park compose the Pampulha Complex. It one of the most knwon turistic destinations in Belo Horizonte.

 

PS: the purple trees are the Ipês. Colorful flower trees that start florishing in the end of winter, beggining of spring. As we go into Spring in Minas Gerais, we can start spotting purple and yellow Ipês in the horizon.  

Leave a Reply