An aerial view of two of the engine houses at this site. In the foreground is the pumping engine house and in the background the winding engine house.
This pumping engine house was erected in 1872 to extract water from the mine following the discovery of rich tin lodes. At that time it housed a 60 inch Harvey pumping engine with an unusual cast-iron lattice beam. The engine house was adapted during the mine's second period of working from 1911 when a 70 inch engine replaced the former. The house stands on George's or Sir Frederick's Engine Shaft which extends to 180 fathoms (1,080 feet).
Wheal Peevor Pumping & Winding Engine Houses, Scorrier, Cornwall
© All rights reserved - by saffron200